Super Nutritious And Creative Kentucky Snacks
Snacks and kids make a good PEAR! Since the Summer of 2015, FoodChain has worked to connect kids to bite sized food through our SNACKS programs. Read more about FoodChain’s commitment to forging links between fresh food and community through our SNACKS program.
FoodChain’s SNACKS program:
- Includes innovative and varied options, that feature whole, nutritious, and protein rich ingredients and are made to sustain energy, expose students to more tastes and cuisines, and build food curiosity.
- Are made by passionate and creative culinarians with fresh, local ingredients in FoodChain’s kitchen, where we pay a living wage and are focused on developing job and market opportunities in the local food economy.
- Examples include: sweet potato chips with tahini dip, butternut biscuits and apple butter, and banana pancake sammies
Outcomes of FoodChain’s SNACKS program:
- Better nourished students lead to better performance, including academic, behavioral, and emotional health
- Early exposure to a wide variety of tastes, textures, and ingredients lead to more adventurous eaters
- Food literacy comes from repeated access and consumption of different foods